Our team has developed a video game platform that uses an iPad and wearable armband-sensors to control the game through touch. The game can be played by people with or without disabilities but ultimately, we hope that two people will play the game together and have fun. Our target audience is people with disabilities and their families.
The purpose of this study is to find out if parents and teens of all abilities can play a game together on an iPad with our newly developed armband-sensors to control gameplay and what they think of the gameplay and the sensors.
In order to participate…
- You must live in the Columbus, Ohio area.
- You and your teen aged 10-17 will play a game together using an iPad and wearable armband-sensors we provide.
- During Phase II of testing, which begins in April of 2021, we are looking for parents and their teens with mild to moderate disabilities that are either physical or intellectual. The teen should be able to communicate with the parent (and likely others) and may or may not need a wheelchair to move around.
- During Phase III of testing, which begins in May of 2021, we are looking for parents and their teens with moderate to severe disabilities that are either physical or intellectual or both. The teen may or may not be able to communicate or follow directions and will likely need a wheelchair to move around.
- Currently the study is taking place online using the Zoom platform.
- You will be asked some general demographic questions and to complete short surveys before and after the gameplay session.
- Each phase of the study will involve approximately 15 minutes of gameplay followed by 5-10 minutes talking with teens who are able to talk with us about the game.
- Following game play, parents will repeat the surveys.
- Parents will participate in a focus group with one or more other parents to discuss the game for about 20-30 minutes.
- All study activity will be video recorded using Zoom and stored in a secure location.
If you are interested in participating during Phase II, please click HERE for a screening/eligibility survey.
If you are interested in participating during Phase III, please click HERE for a screening/eligibility survey.
We will contact you to discuss the study and your participation further.
If you have further questions, please email the study at firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible benefits of participating in the study include having fun!